Sunday, August 30, 2009

Emergency Preparedness

Today, we had a combined Priesthood and Relief Society meeting and President Renner was moved upon to chastise us for not being obedient to the counsel of the Lord to have our 72-hour kits and 3-month home storage fully prepared.

President Renner quoted from Alma 5:6 which says, "And now behold, I say unto you, my brethren, you that belong to this church, have you sufficiently retained in aremembrance the captivity of your fathers? Yea, and have you sufficiently retained in remembrance his mercy and long-suffering towards them? And moreover, have ye sufficiently retained in remembrance that he has bdelivered their souls from hell?

We were also told that blessings were being withheld from our branch due to this disobedience. I felt really sorry that the Lord was displeased with me. It made feel really bad that I had let the Lord down. I need to repent.

Sisters, we can't deny that we have been reminded over and over again to do this. There must be a good reason that this is happening. Let us be diligent and obedient and do all that we can. I know that the Lord will bless our efforts.

Let us go and do!

No comments: